Kiddos of all ages can’t get enough of this adorable pig! They love “feeding” him and watching his belly “grow” until he pops. This game is the perfect opportunity to practice the following skills (and more!):
- Naming and matching colors
- Naming numbers and counting
- Taking turns
- Sequencing and recalling events (first roll the die, next find the matching burger, then see the number, next feed the pig, then push his hat)
- Using expanded sentences with varying structures
- Using various pronouns, possessives, verbs/verb inflections, and attributes (i.e., color, number, size)
- Answering yes/no and who/what/where/why questions (e.g., Did he pop yet? Whose turn is it? What’s next? What color do you see? Where does the burger go? Why didn’t he pop?)
- Fine motor skills (i.e., in-hand manipulation)
- Bilateral coordination (using both sides of the body together)
*Want to change things up? Add a sensory component by ditching the die and hiding the burgers in dry beans or rice for your kiddo to dig and find!
Perform activities recommended by Walk, Talk, Play at your own risk with appropriate adult supervision provided. Walk, Talk, Play is not responsible for any injury caused while performing these play activities.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission (at no additional cost).